When a new air conditioning and heating system must be installed in an existing building, it is often not be as simple as replacing the unit alone. In fact, depending on the age of the system and dimensions of the area, retrofitting is often a great opportunity to improve the energy and climate efficiency of the building.
Here are some factors that may come into play:
- Ductwork may need to be replaced or completely redesigned to accommodate the new system.
- Zoning of new units may be desired, which can require significant modifications.
- Airflow improvement may need to be addressed to increase the efficiency of air delivery. Proper ventilation must be considered to ensure safety and durability in the building.
- New code and equipment regulations may require changes in the overall system and specific units.
- Advancements in technology may allow for more effective outcomes.
Many of these considerations require larger scale modifications to the home or commercial property. By contacting Honeycutt & Jones Heating & Cooling to retrofit a system, you are ensured that the system will be installed properly, and your property will be respected. Dust cloths will be placed in the event of sheet rock removal. Our teams wear booties to prevent the spread of sheet rock debris, and to keep dirt and mud out of the building. Landscaping disruptions will be repaired, if needed. We respect your property and will leave it in great condition.
A thorough history and diagnostic evaluation is critical for any retrofit installation. Our technicians have years of experience designing systems that meet the needs of the building and the owner. We specialize in custom retrofit analysis and professional installation, and are ready to evaluate your custom system needs today.
In Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Wake Forest, Morrisville, Clayton, North Raleigh, Carrboro, Wendell, Rolesville, Zebulon and in the greater Triangle area, contact Honeycutt & Jones HVAC for heating and air conditioning custom system design and installation.
For prompt service, phone 919-755-4677.
To schedule a meeting to discuss retrofitting or other projects, call 919-755-4677, email Matt Jones or fill out our Online Contact Form. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your specific situation and schedule your appointment.